Boring Blog

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

House Update

I’ve been surviving with trying to cook around the mess of dust. Having my kitchen completely destroyed has not been a fun adventure. However, the end results are coming along. Its not completely finished yet, but its getting there. Its actually starting to look like a kitchen again instead of a barn. Most of the dust throughout the rest of the house has been cleaned up, numerous times. About the time I think I have everything clean, I see more stuff with dust on it. I have walls again, which is exciting. Beautiful drywalled walls!! With paint and not wallpaper!! I got new curtains and blinds on Saturday and hung them on Sunday. Yes, I hung them. The princess can do work once in a while when she’s motivated!! Rob started the floor last night. What a disaster!! I really, really, really wanted to pay someone to do this. And now I’m wishing we would have. The first problem is he tried to do this all by himself. My husband is very stubborn. He will ask his brother for help once in a while, but not often. If his brother is busy then he won’t wait for him, he just does it himself. So the brother never called on Sunday, so last night he started the major project alone. Our kitchen is about 15x15. This is a pretty big area to lay linoleum with no help. Get everything lined up perfect and get all the air bubbles out. Its not done, but it doesn’t look too great right now. We saved about $300 doing it ourselves, but I’m not sure if its worth it. As for the countertop and the cabinets, they have been temporarily put on hold. Since the weather is getting nicer, there are a few outside projects Rob wants to tackle. We are putting a deck out back and a new roof on the garage. Hopefully my kitchen will be complete for now by the end of the week. We will probably pick back up on the cabinets and countertop either over next winter or not until next spring. It will depend on if we run out of money with the outside projects! I’ll post pictures soon. I’m just too lazy to get them off my camera right now. And hopefully I’ll have finished product pictures by the weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home