Boring Blog

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Road Rage

I am normally a pretty calm driver. Now I do drive too fast 90% of the time, but try to stay calm if someone isn’t driving as fast as I would like. However, today I left work early to head to an appointment. I left a little later than planned so was in a bit of a hurry to get to my appointment. So of course, I catch up to the slowest truck in Bedford County. It was an older man driving. Now usually I don’t complain much about the older people driving slow, better save than sorry, right? But this guy wasn’t going anywhere close the speed limit. He was gawking out the windows when we would pass an open field. Now what did he think he would accomplish by looking out the window? Was he going to pull off the road and try to shoot a deer from his truck? I don’t understand why people do this. But lately I have been seeing this quite often and I don’t get it. So we are cruising along and I’m getting more and more annoyed by this guy. Then I happened to look up in my rear view mirror to see a big, shiny, chrome grill that reads Peterbuilt. Ok so this big, black truck is close enough to me so I can read his grill emblem. So of course this makes me even more annoyed. And the guy in front of me, still taking his time, was either in bad need of a front end alignment, had too much to drink or just sadly couldn’t drive. Finally, he turned off towards Martinsburg and I sped off. This gave me enough time to calm down before I got to my appointment so my blood pressure was normal!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy said...

I thought maybe it was that darned Camaro! Surely the guy couldn't have been slower than the truck I got behind after work. Doing about 40, in the straights . . .

11:42 PM  
Blogger DMM said...

I have the worst road rage ever!! I hate slow people especially when I'm trying to get home from work.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home