Boring Blog

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Another Night of Fun

I've been told my blog is boring (hence the name) and also depressing. I'm sorry my life is so boring and depressing for my readers. I guess this is what happens when you become an old married mother! I'm going to try to write something other than depressing. I can't make any promises on the boring...

Last night was another fun time with the work group. We started off at Marzoni's for our farewell celebration for Mike. Our ex-coworker Mary who moved east was able to come up for the weekend to get a taste of the fun we have. She stayed at my house so I figured I could be her designated driver and let her let loose for the evening. After a few drinks (or pitchers of mixed drinks!) at Marzoni's the atmosphere & our waitress "NAJ" was slowing down so we decided to move our party to Zach's. Mike decided he would stay at Marzoni's with his friends, Bake needed to get Kelly home before she passed out, Tyler, Kara & whoever that other guy is that keeps showing up at our fun events must have gone home also. So this left me, Mary, Mike, and Jamie to go to Zach's. We get to Zach's at probably 11:30, maybe midnight, order our drinks and just start chit chatting. It was very entertaining at Zach's. Gumby was playing the guitar! Although I didn't see his trusty sidekick Pokey. There was some girl that looked like she had tattoos all over, but she really didn't. There was another girl who really did have a bunch of tattoos. And then there was the girl that was either dancing in chair or playing the air drums or possibly having a seizure. The main topic of our conversation was religion followed by marital tips from Mary and then back to religion. I was pretty much just watching paint ball on TV, becoming depressed with Mary's marital bliss, and trying to figure out what religion I believe and if I should live for today or live to go to heaven. Yeah, it got pretty deep a few times. I learned a lot and disagreed with some, but for the most party we all have a lot of the same views, beliefs, and questions. So by this time its almost 2am, well since we were "falling back", it was really only 1am. So Mary says we better get going. And we sit there for another 35 minutes at which point the waitress comes by and says, sorry guys but we have to lock the doors at 2:30 so ... Sure has been a long time since I closed a bar!! I won't bore & depress you with the details from when I arrived home. Let's just say its a good idea the party didn't move to my house!!

Another great time with the work group. Thanks for being a bad influence and keeping me young!

Good Luck Mike! Try to update your blog once in a while so I know if you're still alive.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it shouldn't be phrased so much as "living to go to heaven," but more along the lines of "Living for a Purpose." And that you can do while living for today. And frankly I don't think you do too bad of a job at that.

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home