Boring Blog

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Talk Too Much?

Sometimes I really just talk too much. Why do I put myself in awkward situations? I should be able to look ahead at where a conversation could go & say to myself, “No Lindsay, this is not the time or the place to bring this up!” But no, what do I do, just open up my big mouth & then put myself in a situation where I need to defend myself or try to make excuses. Do you ever wish you had an “undo” button for life? Well I did today at lunch. I made a comment quietly to grettab about my posting from the weekend. I tried to do it quietly because I just didn’t want to discuss the whole blogging topic with more people that don’t do it or don’t understand it. So then someone else asks “Oh were you blogging again?” Well yes, as a matter of fact I was. So what’s the big deal? And of course then its just rude for me to try to have a conversation with grettab & not include the entire group. I just wanted to ask her one little question that would have given me a simple answer. But no someone else had to overhear so this opened up the whole Lindsay’s weird cause she blogs thing. So then I had to explain my entire post to the entire group. I tried to just generalize it, but they weren’t following so then I had to give them practically a word for word run down of what it said…uuugghhh, if you want to know what I write about, just go find my blog & read it. Don’t make me talk about it all the time. Then of course this brings on more questions. “What’s a blog?” “Why do you do that?” “How do I find your blog?” “I read some blogs one time. They said weird things. I couldn’t read half of them & the ones I could read, I didn’t want to read.” SO DON’T READ THEM!!!! And don’t talk about them. Don’t make me feel like I’m a bad person or dirty because I do it. There’s nothing wrong with it. I mostly do it to make myself feel better. So I can feel like I’m saying things to someone without actually saying them. I’m venting & if you don’t want to listen, don’t read. Just let me do my thing & you do your thing & we’ll get along just fine. This whole thing would have never happened & I wouldn’t have gotten so irritated had I just kept my question to grettab to myself or for another time. I do stuff like this all the time. My mouth speaks before my brain thinks!! Oh well, it made for interesting & irritating lunch conversation. And if nothing else, it gave me something to post about…

3 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy said...

Funny, no one bothers me at work about my blog. And we all know news about mine spread pretty quickly and got some people upset . . .

By the way, it's too late. I'll finish my wedding story tomorrow. Not during work of course. Also this comment was made outside of work time as well. Just wanted to point that out.

11:28 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:29 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Also, you should have told Kelly she can leave comments without having to create a blogger username. Or at least you should have set your blog up that way.

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home