Boring Blog

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Drunken Fool

Its turns out that the people working in the IT department are not so quiet & boring after all. My pal Mike had a pretty cool party at his house last night. Mike calls this his annual summertime bash. And a bash it was! The food was excellent; hats off to the chef. The party started around 3. Most people started arriving between 4 & 5. My date for the evening was another co-worker Kelly. Now since my good friend Mary moved away & was unable to attend this party, I relied on Kelly to keep me in control at all times. She did a pretty good job.

So here's the low down on the party. It seems I may have had a little too much to drink. And I'm pretty sure I revealed some personal information about myself as well as another person. I know I get loud & obnoxious when I'm drinking so this probably happened too. I'm completely foggy of most events taking place between 5:30 & 9 pm. I started drinking water after that & have a pretty good recollection of the rest of the night. Now, I completely remember the pact that was made at the end of the evening...what happened under the tree, stays under the tree. Now I would like to expand this pact to include events that happened, statements made, and all events that didn't happen, but could have happened anywhere inside or outside Mike's house, stay inside or outside Mike's house! This will be better for everyone, especially me.

If Mike has a 3rd annual summertime bash and he's crazy enough to invite me again, I have made 3 important rules for myself:
1. Don't drink too much
2. Don't drink too much &
3. Don't drink too much

If I stick to these rules everything should work out well for everyone!

Also, I did learn something last night about myself and other people. I learned there are a few people in the world that are genuinely good people & good friends. And as for what I learned about myself, I'm still trying to figure it all out, so we'll just keep it under the tree or at Mike's house! So to the good person & friend in my life, I wish you a sober thank you!

5 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

A good person and a friend?!?!? I'm touched.

Crazy enough to invite you back? There will be no 3rd annual party without you.

And don't worry about our little talks....The tree pact remains sacred between me, you, Kelly and Dwight.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

The pact is sacred. It can never be broken. The information given to you under the tree was suppose to go to the grave with me. Since it has been released to you, it is your responsibility to take it to the grave with you!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Mrs DeCap said...

What the heck was said under the tree? As most of you are aware I wasn unable to attend. Sounds as though I missed a helluva great party! I'll be there next year if invited. Miss all you IT geeks very much!!!

Has DB2 gone down???

8:43 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

I take offense to the IT remark. I thought we were all aware I no longer care to be classified under that department.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

I believe in what is said under the tree stay's under the tree. It was a really fun time and I think we all had a really good time

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home